Make a Mobile Friendly Website
Alex HD at
HostingXtreme on 2013-10-21. Comments Off on Make a Mobile Friendly Website
For every business that is successful, having a mobile website can be something you do not think about. However; if you have been in business for more than 4 years but still do not have a mobile website, you should be very concerned. Have you ever sat to think about the number of people who have tried to contact you or to check your website via their phones, tablets, and so on but could not get your site? Mobile websites have already become as important as the desktop website. However; they are more efficient in reaching the world and also getting all the information you from the comfort of your home. So, if you have not decided to have one designed for your business, it is time to think about it. Mobile websites are generally very distinct from PC types and they use a different method in ensuring that, they are useful where your clients with mobile reach are concerned.
The screen space of mobile phones is not the same as that of computers and this is why all these need to be considered. On mobile phones, style and usability are closely clear. Below are some tips to consider when you decide to create and verify a right mobile website design. If you are scared of this design, you need to first of all understand that, small is beautiful and can be the best for your mobile phone clients to check on updates and other information especially when they are far from their computers but need to make some verifications on the website.
- The mobile website needs to be designed in a way that, mobile users are redirected mechanically to the mobile version of the website. This helps to prevent long processes of the user having to go through agreements and other stuff that can be annoying.
- Make sure the mobile website has these information which include; information about services, straightforward means of communicating (the phone, click to call features, internet booking), and others. Make sure you have more of the stuff users look for on a regular basis to make search easy for them. Do not add long texts that are simply not important where a mobile website is concerned. Doing this can make the mobile website slow and cause users to be distressed.
- Do not place too much information onto one page to prevent congestion. Doing this will make navigation annoying and will definitely slow work for all users. Also, so many graphics should be prevented. What graphics do is to stop the mobile website from running like it should. Also, avoid Flash and popups because; not everyone has them on their phones.
- Make sure your users can get all the information they need without having to text too much. This way, they can get through with what they are doing very quickly.
- Make sure there is a link visible that leads to the desktop. Some users will want to try going to the main desktop website for information that they cannot find on mobile website. When the transition is easy, users are happy.
- When you are done with everything, make sure you check how the website works with different phones. This way, corrections can be made.