Domain has exceeded the max defers and failures per hour (5/5 (100%)) allowed. Message discarded.
Domain domainname.com has exceeded the max defers and failures per hour (5/5 (100%)) allowed. Message discarded.
What does it mean?
This bounce message means that the senders domain name (as given in the error message) has been sending out mail which is not getting delivered to the intended recipients. Due to a large number of such messages failing to be delivered, the mail server has prevented any more mails being sent by the domain name, for the rest of the hour.
Why are all my mails bouncing with this error message?
This is a security measure active on our server which is triggered when a "sufficiently significant" number of mails from an email account bounce or are undelivered. This is indicative of spammy activity or a compromised account.
Possible reasons for getting this bounce message are:
- One or more email accounts on your domain have been compromised and are sending out spam mail which is failing.
- You are sending out marketing emails to persons who have not subscribed to your newsletters or marketing emails. Always take permission before sending out marketing emails.
- You are sending our marketing emails to an old email list, out of which many email addresses are shut or no longer active. Update your list and verify each email address before sending mails.
- The recipient has blocked your email address knowingly or by mistake. Sometimes an overzealous mail filter or firewall on the recipients server may also be the cause.
- The recipients mail server has detected your domain name or email address as a spam source and has blocked you.
- The recipients mail server is facing some issue and preventing mails from being delivered.
What should I do so that I can resume normal mailing?
Many a times, the best thing to do is stop all mailing activity and identify the problematic recipient addresses. Refer to our article on Tracing Email Deliveries and Failures.
if your email address has been compromised or hacked refer to our article: How email accounts get hacked
If your website form or page has been hacked see our article: How to recover from a hacked website
For more on this error see our article: http://news.hostingxtreme.com/domain-has-exceeded-the-max-defers-and-failures-per-hour-55-100-allowed-message-discarded/
Was this answer helpful?
Problem:Newsletter or general mail from a sender is not reaching your inbox.Sometimes a bounce...
Error Message: SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT...
Emails not getting delivered to an account on our server, would normally bounce with an Error...
Problem:When sending mails, the mails bounce back with an error--- Your message did not reach...
Problem:All email have the word [SPAM] prefixed to the subject line of the email.Cause:This...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution