Updating an app
When you open cpanel, usually, at the bottom you will notice a yellow bar indicating that an update for one of your apps is available.
Follow these steps to update the app.
*NOTE: You will need enough free space in your account, to accomodate the backup.
- Click on the link or on the Softaculous button in cPanel.
- A list of your apps will be displayed, with a set of button on the right to manage them.
- Click on the blue arrows next to the version number of the app you want to upgrade.
- On the upgrade page, you can select if you would like to have a backup of the existing site, before upgrade.*See Note
- Once your account is upgraded, you will get a confirmation page.
Do not select the backup option if you have less than 30% free space.
Storing backups takes up a lot of space instantly. Remember to remove unwanted backups, or your account may get full.
For a video on how to do this, see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=G0DrsKAE9v0
Was this answer helpful?
HostingXtreme offers an easy way to install popular apps. Using Softaculous from your cPanel...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution