How to backup and restore mails in Outlook
Backup Messages to a .pst File
- On the File pull-down menu, click Import and Export.
- Click Export to a file, and then click Next.
- In the list, click "Personal Folder File (.pst)", and then click Next.
- Click the folder that contains the messages you want to back up. If the folder contains a subfolder that you want to include, select the "Include Subfolders" check box, and then click Next.
- Under "Save exported file as", click Browse, and then specify a name and location for your backup file, for example, Mail Backup.
- If you back up a .pst file that you have backed up to before, click one of the following:
- Replace duplicates with items exported. Existing data will be overwritten with the information in the file being exported.
- Allow duplicate items to be created. Existing data will not be overwritten, and duplicate information will be added to the backup file.
- Do not export duplicate items. Existing data will be kept, and the duplicate information in the folder will not be copied to the backup file.
- Click Finish.
Restore a backup .pst email file
The name of the folder associated with the data file appears in the Folder List (Folder List: Displays the folders available in your mailbox. To view subfolders, click the plus sign (+) next to the folder. If the Folder List is not visible, on the Go pull-down menu, click Folder List.). By default, the folder will be called Personal Folders .
- On the File pull-down menu, point to Open, and then click Outlook Data File.
- Click the .pst file you want to open, and then click OK.
Was this answer helpful?
The Email Forwarders option in cPanel, allows a copy of any email sent to one address to be...
To add a custom signature in RoundCube Webmail, you need to follow these steps: Login to Webmail...
The Email app on the Nexus 7 is used to access webmail by HostingXtreme. The following steps...
To set up your default address: Login to your cPanel account Select the Default Address...
Login to cPanel.Click on Email accounts. Click Change Password on the right side of the...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution