How to backup and restore mails in Outlook
Backup Messages to a .pst File
- On the File pull-down menu, click Import and Export.
- Click Export to a file, and then click Next.
- In the list, click "Personal Folder File (.pst)", and then click Next.
- Click the folder that contains the messages you want to back up. If the folder contains a subfolder that you want to include, select the "Include Subfolders" check box, and then click Next.
- Under "Save exported file as", click Browse, and then specify a name and location for your backup file, for example, Mail Backup.
- If you back up a .pst file that you have backed up to before, click one of the following:
- Replace duplicates with items exported. Existing data will be overwritten with the information in the file being exported.
- Allow duplicate items to be created. Existing data will not be overwritten, and duplicate information will be added to the backup file.
- Do not export duplicate items. Existing data will be kept, and the duplicate information in the folder will not be copied to the backup file.
- Click Finish.
Restore a backup .pst email file
The name of the folder associated with the data file appears in the Folder List (Folder List: Displays the folders available in your mailbox. To view subfolders, click the plus sign (+) next to the folder. If the Folder List is not visible, on the Go pull-down menu, click Folder List.). By default, the folder will be called Personal Folders .
- On the File pull-down menu, point to Open, and then click Outlook Data File.
- Click the .pst file you want to open, and then click OK.
Was this answer helpful?
Login to cPanel.Click on Email accounts. Click Change Quota on the right side of the...
To add a custom signature in RoundCube Webmail, you need to follow these steps: Login to Webmail...
The Email Forwarders option in cPanel, allows a copy of any email sent to one address to be...
Non-SSL Settings Username: Your full email address (as created in your cpanel account)...
Login to cPanel.Click on Email accounts. Click Change Password on the right side of the...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution